ARTS & HUMANITIES
About the course:
Bachelor of Arts or Master of Arts can be a self-enriching experience. This university degree equips you with critical self-knowledge and knowledge of the world around you that allows you to look through otherwise opaque systems. A degree in Arts will enable you to develop
- critical thinking
- communication skills
- reasoning ability
- problem solving ability
A degree in Arts will help you discover your latent talents, interests and abilities and to develop them fully and critically.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Arts courses contain many subjects, like:
- Classics and Ancient History
- Communication and Media Studies
- English and Cultural Studies
- History of Art
- Law and Society
- Music Studies
- Political Science
- International Studies
- Psychology in Society
Assessment process may include completion of a project or portfolio of work exhibited to the public. For other courses it may be limited to writing a dissertation or a writing test papers.
- India: 5000/- to a lakh a year
- Abroad: $12,000 to $30,000
- Coventry University Scholarships for International Students in UK, 2017:
- London South Bank University International Scholarships in UK, 2017:
- Picasso Art Contest for International Students, 2017:
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
Just like its coursework, the possibilities humanities – and arts degree – allows you are limitless:
- Business administration
- Sales management
- Government agencies
- Public sector
- Community services