MODERN LANGUAGE DEGREE
About the course:
A degree in modern languages will not only help you build an understanding of several ‘foreign’ languages but will also sensitize you to the different cultural scenario of the region and its impact on the language spoken and vice-versa. You will learn all this via means of:
- literary texts
- historical context
- political context of a certain region
This course will not only help you hone proficiency in various languages but will also give you a knack of several cultures and the various forms of communication.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
The course structure aims at a multi-disciplinarian approach.
The course will have topics like:
- international relations
- business processes in different regions
- communication studies
- media studies
- communication studies
- film studies
You may even have to travel abroad to hone your skills further.
- India: From a few thousands to 50,000/- or a lakh per year
- Abroad: $15,000 to $30,000 per year
Among many others, you can avail the following scholarships:
- Kansas State University:
- University of Northern Iowa:
- University of St Andrews:
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln:
- Western Kentucky University:
- University College London:
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview: