PERFORMING ART DEGREE
About the course:
A degree in Performance Art will allow you to expose yourself to both actual performance and to critically understand that performance. The course will hence be a mix of practical workshops and lectures. You can let your creative imagination run asunder and bring in various forms of art together to create magic. Like, you can choose to study a text in English Literature and also perform a scene from it in a performing arts drama workshop.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
The course may be divided into the following; you may choose the area of your specialization:
- Performance and technology
- Performance and script writing
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Performing for screen
- Aurality and Movement in Popular Performance
- Performance as Research
- History and Historiography of Performance
- Theories of Performance
- Reading and Decoding Performance
- Performance Making: Exploring Space, Body, Sound Objects and Media
- Modern Indian Theatre and Contemporary Performances
- Body in the Performative Matrix
- India: 2,500/- to 60,000/-
- Abroad: $10,000 to $30,000
- Japanese American Citizens League (JACL)
- Vivian Klemz Memorial Scholarship:
- The John F. Kennedy Centre for the Performing Arts:
- 2016 Donna Reed Performing Arts Scholarships and Internships
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
- Community arts worker
- Theater stage manager
- Theater director
- Musical theater performer
- Dance- therapist
- Arts administrator
- Broadcasting presenter
- Teacher/higher education lecturer