About the course:
Accounting involves keeping an account or record of a company’s or an individual’s financial status including expenses, sales, profit, loss, purchases, and auditing finance books. As an accountant, one will have to do thorough checks via numbers to give the company or the individual an exact measure of their finances. Also, the accounting sector, like the finance sector, is one of the fastest growing verticals of the Indian economy, which promises a large number of jobs in this sector in the coming years. There are several courses at one’s expense that one can use to build their expertise in this sector. An aspirant can consider options like three years bachelors degree in Accounting and Finance or Business Management. It will also be important to learn the basic financial concepts, about managing customer relationships, and effective communication skills.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
Some of the sub-subjects that you may study while pursuing a degree in accounts may include the following:
- Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accounting
- International Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Professional Accounting
The fee for the bachelor’s and master’s courses may vary from 15,000/- per month to 50,000/- per month depending upon the college you take admission.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in accounting:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
The duration of the bachelor’s course may extend upto three years and the duration of the masters’ course may extend upto two years.
You may find lucrative job offers as an accountant at the following designations:
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Financial Advisor
- Independent Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Tax Consultant
- Budget Analyst