About the course:
As the name suggests, as a business manager your role will be to focus on the analysis, planning, execution and supervision of business processes. Some of the key skills that you will hence require will be – communication skills, ability to lead a team of coworkers, analytical ability, environmental awareness, handling pressure and the ability to deliver within a deadline. You would also be required to be well versed with research ability, along with a commanding and motivating presence to help you organise your team.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce. You may also be asked for your GMAT and GRE score, which will determine which college you get. You may also be asked for at least a year long work experience.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
- GMAT/GRE Scorecard
- Work-experience certificates
- References from people you have worked with
Some of the sub-subjects or core subjects that you may study while pursuing a degree in business management may include the following:
- Financial Accounting and Decision-Making
- Managerial Economics
- MArketing Management
- Statistical Methods and Management Decisions
- Business Communication
- Competitive Strategy
- Decision Models and Optimism
- Global Economics
The fee for the bachelor’s course may vary from 50,000/- per month to over a lakh per annum.
The fee for the master’s courses may extend upto a few lakh per annum depending upon the college you choose to take admission in.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in accounting:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
- Amity Scholarship Scheme
The duration of the bachelor’s course may extend upto three years and the duration of the masters’ course may extend from one to two years.
With a degree in Business Management, you may find lucrative job offers at several government institutes and MNCs at the following designations:
- Marketing Manager
- Financial Manager
- Strategic Manager
- Operations Manager
- Human Resource Manager