About the course:
A degree in finance may help you get lucrative jobs in the banking sector as well as in other corporations. Around 25 applications are pending with the Reserve Bank of India for new banking licenses implying that once the bank services begin there will be a large number of job openings. As a candidate with a degree in finance, you would be expected to have a sound knowledge of financial laws, economics, finance management, and banking along with necessary soft skills to maintain interpersonal relationships with the customers. With the era of liberalization, privatization, and globalization, candidates will have numerous opportunities to be effective finance managers in several major companies.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
Some of the sub-subjects that you may study while pursuing a degree in finance may include the following:
- General Management
- Finance Management
- Soft-skill training programs
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Investment Valuation and Management
- Asset Valuation
- Portfolio Management
The fee for the bachelor’s and master’s courses may vary from 50,000/- per month to three to four lakhs per annum depending upon the college you choose to take admission in.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in accounting:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
The duration of the bachelor’s course may extend upto three years and the duration of the masters’ course may extend from one to two years.
You may find lucrative job offers in the field of finance at the following designations:
- Management Accountancy
- Bank Probationary Officer
- Project Finance Manager
- Equity and Fixed Income Settlements Specialists
- Commercial Finance Manager
- Compliance Officer
- Corporate Banking Trade Analyst
- Cash Management Operator
- Consumer Banking Asset Operator
- Business Analyst
- Market Risk Analyst
- Corporate Banking Credit Analyst
- Consumer Banking Asset Operation Manager