About the course:
Biotechnology is a broad discipline in which biological processes, organisms, cells or cellular components are exploited to develop new technologies. New tools and products developed by biotechnologists are useful in research, agriculture, industry, and the clinic.
Biotechnology engineering allows students to specialise in the following fields:
- Basics of Biology
- Cell Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Process Engineering
- Food Science
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Life Sciences
- Industrial and Environmental Biotechnology
- Process Control
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Plant Design
- Bioprocess Engineering
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate needs to pass their 12th class examination with PCM (Physics-Chemistry- Biology) as the main subject with 50% aggregate marks.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying to foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why they must choose you for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will expose you to the following:
- Human Biology
- Cell Biology and Biological Systems
- Structural Biochemistry
- Biological Chemistry
- Plant Science
- Protein Science
- Molecular Genetics
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Microbiology
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- India: 80,000/- to 2,00,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- BrokerFish International student scholarship https://www.brokerfish.com/study-abroad-scholarships
- Academic Excellence Award (Bachelors) https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/undergraduate-academic-excellence-award
- Harvard College Financial Aid- Prospective Students https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/applying-aid/prospective-students
- SWE Scholarship http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/swe-scholarships
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
You may find a suitable career in any of the following fields:
- Lab technician.
- Research associate
- Research scientist
- Sales representative
- Business development manager