About the course:
As a relatively new discipline, media and communication studies is gaining new currency in our media-dominated and media-driven culture. Here, the challenge will be to keep yourself upbeat with the latest trends, debates and development. As a student of media and communication, you will be trained to critically analyze the ways in which the media reflects, represents and influences the world. Most often, the course will offer you a mix of practice and theory in the field of media; you may indulge in practical skills like film production or copy-writing, as well as study media representations of gender or race, or of a particular culture or political conflict.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
Some of the sub-subjects that you may study while pursuing a degree in media and communication may include the following:
- Communications and new media
- Social media
- Publishing and Editing
- Radio and TV Broadcasting
- Film and Media Studies
The fee for the bachelor’s and master’s courses may vary from 15,000/- per month to 50,000/- per month depending upon the college you take admission.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in media and communication:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
The duration of the bachelor’s course may extend upto three years and the duration of the masters’ course may extend upto two years.
You may find lucrative job offers with a degree in media and communication in the following sectors:
- Business and Management
- International Relations