About the course:
Electronic engineering, one of the core courses of engineering discipline deals with the study of design, development, and maintenance of electrical systems and their components, ensuring quality, safety, reliability, and sustainability. The course focuses on the manufacturing of electrical equipments used in many sectors including construction and the production and distribution of electric power. Students pursuing electrical engineering study about say, how semiconductors and microprocessors work. The undergraduate course will award a B.Tech/B.E. degree and the postgraduate course, an M.Tech.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate needs to pass their 12th class examination with PCM (Physics-Chemistry- Biology) as the main subject with 50% aggregate marks.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying to foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why they must choose you for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will expose you to the following:
- Semiconductor Devices
- Analog Signal Processing
- Electronic Circuits
- Power Circuits & Electromagnetics
- Fields and Waves
- India: 80,000/- to 2,00,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- Academic Excellence Award (Bachelors) https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/undergraduate-academic-excellence-award
- Harvard College Financial Aid- Prospective Students https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/applying-aid/prospective-students
- SWE Scholarship http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/swe-scholarships
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Aerospace engineer
- Broadcast engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Design engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- IT consultant
- Network engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Systems analyst
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Management consultant
- Multimedia programmer
- Project manager
- Technical author
- Technical sales engineer