About the course:
Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering that involves the production and usage of heat and mechanical power for the design, manufacture, and operation of machines and tools. It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
Mechanical engineering allows students to specialise in the following fields:
- Biomechanics Engineering / Biomaterial
- Combustion / IC Engine modelling (Experimental, Computational)
- Controls, Robotics
- Dynamics, Controls and Vibrations
- Energy / Heat & Mass transfer / Thermal Science
- Fluid Mechanics / Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Materials / MEMS / NANO – 3D Printing
- Solid Mechanics – Computational mechanics
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate needs to pass their 12th class examination with PCM (Physics-Chemistry- Biology) as the main subject with 50% aggregate marks.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying to foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why they must choose you for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will ascertain and expose you to the following:
- Materials and structures
- India: 80,000/- to 2,00,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- Academic Excellence Award (Bachelors)
- Harvard College Financial Aid- Prospective Students
- SWE Scholarship
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Nuclear engineer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include: