About the course:
Botany as a subject is related to the study of plants and a career in it would mean, among other things, studying in depth about fungi, algae, plants, diseases, growth, metabolism and structure between different groups. When planning a career in botany, the job profile can include a study of plants, research, working with industries, teaching, self-employment, and being a part of many more fields.
A degree in Botany allows students to specialise in the following fields:
- Economic Botany
- Plant morphology
- Plant anatomy
- Plant physiology
- Plant genetics
- Plant ecology
- Plant Systematics
For admission to a bachelor’s degree program, the candidate needs to pass his higher secondary education or 10+2 with biology, chemistry and physics as the main subject with a minimum of 55 to 60 per-cent.
To take admission into a master’s degree program, the candidate must have done their bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will expose you to the following:
- Diversity of Microbes
- Cell Biology
- Diversity of Archegoniates
- Plant Embryology
- Plant Physiology
- India: 50,000-60,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- University of Otago: https://www.otago.ac.nz/botany/study/scholarships/
The duration of the UG programs is mostly three years. The length of the PG programs is mostly two years.
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
- Agricultural Chemist
- Agricultural Consultant
- Botanical Field Technician
- Cell Biologist
- Conservation Officer
- Environmental Analyst
- Environmental Education Assistant
- Environmental Education Officer
- Environmental Impact Assessment Specialist
- Environmental Lawyer