About the course:
Pharmacology is a field of science that concerns itself with the study of how living organisms interact with drugs. It combines the knowledge of biology, chemistry and physiology. Pharmacology will be an interesting field for you as a student if you are fascinated by the human body, how it functions, and if you would enjoy working with drugs and medicines. You would require to have an aptitude for science with inclination towards and prior knowledge of both biology and chemistry.
Another important point is to note the difference between Pharmacology and Pharmacy. As mentioned above, Pharmacology is the study of the action of drugs on the human body. Pharmacy, on the other hand, is concerned with the dispensation of medicinal drugs. As a student of pharmacology, you can easily pave your way into pharmacy.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
Some of the sub-subjects that you may study while pursuing a degree in Pharmacology may include the following:
- Immune System
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Public Health
- Life Sciences
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Tropical Medicine
- Microbiological Techniques
- Dental pharmacology
The fee for the bachelor’s and master’s courses may vary from 15,000/- per month to 50,000/- per month depending upon the college you take admission.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in accounting:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
The duration of the bachelor’s course may extend upto three years and the duration of the masters’ course may extend upto two years.
You may find lucrative job offers as a pharmacologist in the following sectors:
- Advisory roles in government bodies and medical charities
- Medical sales and marketing
- Medical writing
- Product licensing or management
- Regulatory affairs
- University lecturer