SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT DEGREE
About the course:
As the name suggests, Sustainable Development is about self-sustainable development of human society without damaging earth or its resources. Climate stability, renewal of natural resources as an effective means for environmental care become centred around social, economic and political human activity. Observation of current patterns of development become opportunities for change.
This course, also known as, Development Studies, is designed such to help students hone their skills for designing development projects, work on their research and management skills, to develop their cross-cultural and intercultural understanding, and sharpen their entrepreneurial and business marketing skills.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognised university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international students whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Given the concerns this course holds, makes its academic ambit multidisciplinary. You may study the following courses as part of the degree course:
- Environmental sciences
- Social sciences
- Social and cultural systems
- Anthropology to
- Cultural diversity
- Development Economics
- Cultural and political ecology
- Ecological Economics
- Public Health Development
- India: Fee may range from 20,000/- to 50,000/-
- Abroad: It may range from $7,000 to $27,000.
- The OPEC Fund for International Development:
- Join Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program:
- The Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program:
- Asian Development Bank–Japan Sponsorship Program (ADB–JSP):
- Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship:
Depending upon whether you take the course in master’s or for research, it may extend upto two, and two to four years, respectively.
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
- Environmental education
- NGO work
- Development and environment campaigning
- Environmental politics
- Corporate social responsibility
- Sustainable citizenship
- Environmental auditing
- Conservation officer