INTERNATIONAL RELATION (IR) DEGREES
About the courses:
Relationships –between countries, to trade and collaborate – have existed throughout history. International relations focuses on conflict and peace-making, on ; environmental policy, comparative foreign policy, human rights, international law, diplomatic tools and processes, international security, role of international organizations such as the European Union.
A degree in IR requires an interdisciplinary approach that draws from the fields of economics, sociology, law, game theory, political science, and even psychology.
With this course, you will develop the ability to handle global issues and concerns, and analyse them and present arguments in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognised university in any discipline.
- Applicant with undergraduate degree in any subject shall be considered. However those with a background in social science or humanities subject would have an advantage.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, you SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
The course structure may include gaining first-hand international experience to enhance future international relations career prospects. IR programs are often internationally diverse, and offer the chance to study in a multicultural and multilingual community.
- International Terrorism
- War and Society
- International Political Economy
- International Legal Studies
- South East Asian & Southwest Pacific Studies
- Fee in India may range from two to four lacks.
- Fee in colleges abroad may range from $4,000 to $40,000.
- Trinity College:
- University of Kent:
- Melbourne School of Government:
- Navy League of Canterbury Prize in Diplomacy and International Relations
- Canterbury Scholarship:
- UC Master’s Scholarship:
For Master’s degree in International Relations, the course may extend to two years.
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
- Diplomatic Services operational officer
- Forensic accountant
- Public relations account executive
- Marketing executive
- Civil Service fast streamer
- Charity officer
- Newspaper journalist
- Public relations officer
- Government social research officer
- Politician’s assistant
- Public affairs consultant
- Social researcher
- Human resources officer
- Local government officer
- Market researcher