Basic course description:
Sociology is the study of interactions between humans and institutions. It is a diverse field and caters to crime, religion, family, state, race, social class, culture, and beyond. The purpose of this course is to understand human actions and how the consciousness gets shaped by the cultural and social structures. Sociology will also help you build an analytical mind to comprehend societal, political and economical biases with nuanced understanding.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- Applicant with undergraduate degree in any subject shall be considered. However those with a background in social science or humanities subject would have an advantage.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
- Cultural and social structures
- Sociology of Technology
- Culture, Power and Inequality
- Health, Society and Politics
- Higher Education and Society
- The Sociology of Law
- Sex, Love and Marriage
- Urbanism and Urban Policy
- Fee in India may range from 4,000/- to 10,000/- per year.
- Fee in colleges abroad may range from $15,000 onwards.
- Bielefeld University International Visiting Fellowships in Germany, 2017:
- Nuffield College Postdoctoral Prize Research Fellowships in Sociology, UK:
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Sociology:
- University of Oxford, Department of Sociology:
- The Tara Lynn Resnick Scholarship For an Outstanding Female Sociology Undergraduate Student:
- The University of Utah, Department of Sociology:
The course duration may range from three to four years in Bachelor’s and for two years in Master’s depending upon the college you choose to study in.
Job prospects, future and industry overview: