About the course:
Philosophy is a word derived from the Greek word, Philosophia, which means, love of wisdom. Studying philosophy, like many other humanities courses, means you will have to study several other arts courses since the scope of philosophy as a degree is vast, especially, literature, politics, economics and the history of art. Ethics will be an intrinsic part of this course.
If you are trying to seek answers to the unanswerable, then may be philosophy is for you.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
The course structure is divided into the following categories depending upon your choice of school of philosophy:
- Political philosophy
- India: 10,000/- to two lakh
- Abroad: $36,000 to $50,000
- American University, Washington, DC, Philosophy and Religion:
- University of Oxford, Faculty of philosophy:
- University of St. Thomas, College of Arts and Sciences, Philosophy:
- Barry University Stamps Scholars Program to Study Abroad:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Philosophy at University of Oslo in Norway:
- Philosophy Scholarships at University of Cape Coast in Ghana:
- Humane Studies Fellowships at George Mason University in USA:
- University of Warwick Departmental Scholarships for Postgraduate Students in UK:
- Ford Foundation Pre-doctoral Fellowship Competition in USA:
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview: