About the course:
Digital marketing, also known as Internet or Online Marketing, is one of the fastest growing industries in India with its total worth reaching upto an estimate of US$ 4 billion by 2020. As the name suggests, a course in digital marketing focuses on maintaining the digital presence of an organisation on social media via internet or digital marketing strategies. It is especially important in the current times with internet becoming an influential and undeniable mouthpiece. Digital or Internet Marketing is one of the best platforms to advertise because of its wide outreach and exposure to sell products and services online. As a digital marketer, one of your important jobs may include increasing the visibility of your company or organisation by achieving higher rankings in search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
Some of the sub-subjects, courses and skills that you may study while pursuing a degree in digital marketing may include the following:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Optimization
- Pay per Click Optimization
- Professional Blogging
- Affiliate Marketing
- Google Adsense
- Email Marketing
Fee may extend from 30,000/- per three to six months course to about a lakh for a year long course.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in digital marketing:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
Several organisations and institutes offer courses in digital marketing. They may extend to a period of six months to a year depending upon the intensity of the specialisation.
You may find lucrative job offers as a digital marketer at the following designations:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Analysts
- Content Managers