About the course:
Aerospace engineering is the primary field of engineering concerned with the development of aircrafts and spacecrafts.
Many universities offer aerospace engineering at the advanced diploma, bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD levels in either aerospace engineering departments, or in mechanical engineering departments. A few departments offer degrees in space-focused astronautical engineering.
- Aerodynamics – This deals with the fundamental property of flight, the science you must know if you want a body to be aerodynamically significant.
- Propulsion – This involves the propulsion systems of an array of aircraft and rockets. It deals with chemical science and physical structure of the propulsive components in the plane.
- Avionics – This deals with electrical systems and electronic systems on the aircraft. From pilot display to navigation systems, everything comes under this specialisation.
- Structures – This deals with the structural perspective of an aircraft body. Weight, strength, density, corrosive resistance, tensile strength – all play a significant role here.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate needs to pass their 12th class examination with PCM (Physics-Chemistry- Biology) as the main subject with 50% aggregate marks.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will ascertain and expose you to the following:
- India: 80,000/- to 2,00,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- BrokerFish International student scholarship https://www.brokerfish.com/study-abroad-scholarships
- Academic Excellence Award (Bachelors) https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/undergraduate-academic-excellence-award
- Harvard College Financial Aid- Prospective Students https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/applying-aid/prospective-students
- SWE Scholarship http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/swe-scholarships
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Aerospace engineer
- Design engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Manufacturing systems engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mechanical engineer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Automotive engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Energy engineer
- Patent attorney
- Production manager
- Quality manager
- Technical sales engineer