About the course:
Biochemical engineers are creators who draw on their scientific knowledge to make products, such as medicine, or to refine the ways one processes things like food. Their work involves studying the natural chemical functions of organisms and then using what they observe to inform their research on how to combat specific issues related to how to make products.
Biochemical engineering allows students to specialise in following fields:
- Designing and constructing chemical and pharmaceutical plant.
- Collaborating with scientists and other disciplines in the design and implementation of new products and production techniques.
- Providing engineering services to manufacturing companies.
- Working in production; modifying and optimising production processes.
- Maintaining production lines and machinery.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate needs to pass their 12th class examination with PCM (Physics-Chemistry- Biology) as the main subject with 50% aggregate marks.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board/University is required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will ascertain and expose you to the following:
- Membrane separation
- Biochemical engineering
- Colloid science and engineering
- Pharmaceutical engineering
- Polymer engineering
- Separation processes
- Transport processes
- Water and wastewater engineering
- India: 80,000/- to 2,00,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- BrokerFish International student scholarship https://www.brokerfish.com/study-abroad-scholarships
- Academic Excellence Award (Bachelors) https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/undergraduate-academic-excellence-award
- Harvard College Financial Aid- Prospective Students https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/applying-aid/prospective-students
- SWE Scholarship http://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/swe-scholarships
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
- Analytical chemist
- Energy manager
- Manufacturing engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Biochemical Engineering