About the course:
Instrumentation engineering is a branch of engineering. It specialises in how measuring instruments used in the fields of say, design, electrical, and pneumatic domains are designed and made operational. As a student of instrumentation engineering, you will be trained as a technician in industrial measurement. You will be responsible for installation, maintenance, repairs of the industrial instrumentation equipments used in industries. With a degree in instrumentation, you will be working in the engineering and scientific fields to aid in calibration and manufacturing. You will be require to have an aptitude for mathematics, science and communications. As an instrumentation engineer, your work will range from designing, managing, installing, and developing equipments that are used in various machineries.
For entrance in bachelor’s college degree, the applicant will need to have passed their senior secondary examination in commerce stream with subjects like maths, economics, and financial records.
The eligibility requirement to pursue master’s degree would require a bachelor’s degree with commerce.
While applying for bachelor’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Important documents from school including mark-sheets of high school and senior secondary school, transfer certificate, and migration certificate.
- In case if it is relevant, you may also want to keep ready caste certificates attested by a competent authority.
While applying for master’s degree you shall require the following documents:
- Original/Provisional marksheet from bachelor’s degree
- Migration certificate
Some of the sub-subjects that you may study while pursuing a degree in instrumentation engineering may include the following:
- Applied Mathematics
- Instrumentation Fundamentals
- Introductory Computing
- Chemistry for Technology
The fee for the bachelor’s and master’s courses may vary from 15,000/- per month to 50,000/- per month depending upon the college you take admission.
You may apply to the following scholarships to avail concessions while pursuing a degree in instrumentation engineering:
- FAEA Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/medical/engineering and other technical and professional disciplines at any university/institution/college in India
- Central Sector Scheme Scholarship for Class 12 passed students of Science, Commerce & Arts subjects
- JM Sethia Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme
The duration of the bachelor’s course may extend upto three years and the duration of the masters’ course may extend upto two years.
You may find lucrative job offers as an instrumentation engineer at the following designations:
- Instrumentation Technician
- Automation Technician
- Control Technician
- Process Technician or Process Analyst
- Calibration and Test Technician
- Technical Sales