About the course:
Nanotechnology is the formation of structures at a molecular level and testing the complex machines at the level of molecules which we measure in nanometers only. In other words ‘Nanotechnology’ also refers to the estimated capability to build items or products from the scratch and making use of various tools and techniques to create and complete, high-quality performance products.
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate needs to pass their 12th class examination with PCM (Physics-Chemistry- Biology) as the main subject with 50% aggregate marks.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying to foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why they must choose you for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PWD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University is required from those students who have passed the senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Enrolling in this course will ascertain and expose you to the following:
- Materials Science
- Principles of Environmental Science
- Biology for Engineers
- Elements of Nanoscience and
- Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Solid State Technology
- Properties of Nanomaterials
- Quantum Mechanics
- Synthesis of Nanomaterials
- Foundation of Nanoscale Science and Technology
- Electronic and Optical Properties of Material
- Material Science
- Non-conventional Energy Sources
- Nano Measurement
- Atomic and electronic structure of matter
- Experimental Methods In Nanotechnology
- Bioengineered Nanomaterials
- India: 80,000/- to 2,00,000/- per year
- Abroad: $40,000 to $60,000
- Academic Excellence Award (Bachelors)
- Harvard College Financial Aid- Prospective Students
- SWE Scholarship
Undergraduate: Three to four years
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
- Microfabrication Engineer
- MEMS Device Physics Engineer
- Principle Scientist
- Nanotech Senior Researcher
- Near Field Semiconductor Engineer
- Research Scientist: Nanoscale Thermal Transport