About the course:
As a student of physiotherapy, you will be given both theoretical and extensive physical training to treat bodily ailments, for example:
- Residual paralysis
- Other orthopaedic deformities
You will also be provided training in the field of:
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Marksheet
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
Course content will be a balance of both lecture and practical work. You may choose from the following courses depending upon choice of your college and your interest:
- Academic and clinical training
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Cardiac disorders
- Pulmonary disorders
- Postoperative care
- Intensive care
- Women’s health
- Care of the elderly
- Mental illness
- Learning difficulties
- Occupational health
- Terminal illness.
- India: Five to six lakh
- Abroad: $23,000 to $50,000
Following are some of the scholarships you can apply to to aid your education:
- University of Notre Dame:
- Dalhousie University:
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences University:
Undergraduate: Three to four years (exclusive of internship period)
Post-graduate: One to two years
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
After gaining physiotherapy degree and depending upon your field of interest and the choice of your courses, you can choose to etch your career from the following options:
- Healthcare scientist, clinical biochemistry
- Forensic psychologist
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Biomedical scientist
- Healthcare scientist, medical physics
- Industries (industrial health)
- Special schools
- Health and fitness clinics
- Multinational companies for fitness of their employers
- Wherever people are at risk of injury from their occupation or activity.