ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE DEGREE
About the course:
Given major concerns of our times, environment science becomes relevant to preserve earth and its resources. This course aims at studying physical, chemical and biological processes of earth as well as:
- cultural processes
As a student of environment science, you must strive to understand the complex relationships between humans and the environment using the aforementioned directions provided by various courses.
Environmental Science degree depends heavily upon:
You can specialize in:
The coursework involves
- significant field work
- lab work
- data-oriented work
- For admission in Indian Universities, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks (or equivalent grades) from a recognised university in any discipline.
- While applying to foreign universities as an international student whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate degree is from an institution in a country whose official language is not English, must submit scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or IELTS.
- While applying in foreign Universities, you shall be required to give a Statement of Purpose mentioning why you want to join this course and why you must be chosen for the same. In this highly competitive time, your SoP must be of high-class quality with impeccable English.
At the time of admission, you will require the following self-attested documents along with their originals. These documents are especially asked for by Indian Universities:
- Class X Board Examination Certificate
- Class X Mark-sheet
- Class XII Mark-sheet
- Class XII Provisional Certificate/Original Certificate
- Character Certificate (recent)
- SC/ST/PwD/CW/KM Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate (in the name of the Candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Transfer Certificate from school/college
- Migration Certificate from Board /University are required from those students who have passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested passport-size photographs.
You can specialise in:
- Environmental science specializations
- Soil ecology
- Aquatic/marine biology
- Aquatic/marine biology
- Environmental and biological conservation
- Energy and climate change
- Water resource management
- Pollution prevention and remediation
India: 5,000/- to 30,000/-
Abroad: $21,000 to $150,000
- University of Koblenz-Landau:
- Water and Sanitation invites applications for Bursary/Scholarship programme 2016:
- University of East Anglia:
- The University of Utah, Environmental and Sustainability Studies:
- University of California, Riverside, Environmental Sciences:
- UMass Amherst College of Natural Sciences (CNS):
The course may extend from two to four years depending upon the college and course specialisation of your choice.
Job prospects, future and industry overview:
You can choose to make your career in the following fields:
- Nature conservation
- Renewable energy
- Urban planning and development
- Natural resource management
- Waste management
- Environmental consultancy
- Environmental management
- Environmental education
- Research Fellow
- Research Assistant
- Wildlife Film-maker
- Environment Journalists
- Environmental scientist